Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dubai

Yesterday I finished my application to Emirates Airlines in the United Arab Emirates. If I get the interview and job, we're moving to Dubai. We'll probably stay long enough that when we come home we can just retire. Which means we'll have to be there for about 15-20 years. I love living here in UT, the climate, the lifestyle, for the most part the people. I can't imagine living anywhere else. But considering the state of the economy and the politics in this country, I don't see how we can stay. The economy in The United Arab Emirates is SO much better. I've heard the lifestyle is just as good, but I don't know for sure that it is. If Obama is voted into office, I won't hesitate, in fact, whether I get the job or not, I'm leaving the country if he's voted in. Emirates provides a pretty nice lifestyle for its employees and we could never find the wage here in the states that they're offering there. Did I mention it's tax free, housing provided (nice housing too), with awesome benefits. Any insight on the lifestyle would be appreciated. Come visit us if we go!!!

4 comments:

IvyJane said...

Ahhhh you guys will be... sorely missed!! DON'T GO!! Honestly we'll support you guys no matter what!!
Hugs!!
~Eve

Amy said...

Hey, I didn't know that you had a blog. Now I can check in on you guys. We just got home from MN this week. Had a great time with the family and we got to see a little of Dave and Joyce too. Hope you guys are well. -Amy

Trenton Harris said...

Yeah, well, I do.... I'm not very good about updating... but I try... speaking of 'tri'ing... do you have any interest in competing in a triathlon? Julie's competing with me in the St. George tri in three weeks... Sept 20. Anyway, I'll definitely have an update on my blog after that... and hopefully some pics! Peace!

Amy said...

We will just be getting back from our trip to Seattle on Sept 20th. For now I'm happy sticking to my running schedule and don't think I could even do a triathlon. I just don't think I have the leg strength or endurance. Maybe in the future. But kudos to you and Julie for being so turbo!