Sunday, September 7, 2008

LOtoJA



This weekend we supported a friend that competed in the bike race LOtoJA. It starts in Logan, UT and ends in Jackson Hole, WY, 206 miles. Non-stop. Uphill. Regardless of the weather. On a bicycle. CRAZY!!! Anyway, our friend Dwaine took second place in his division and his cousin was first overall, 9:15. Another friend, Tyler, also competed, he finished 11:15. It's such a pretty course, and of course thousands of people do this, so there's lots of support, but why? Just to say you did? This has got to be worse than running a marathon. They all say it's not, but it has to be. I've sat on a bike seat for like 4 hours at a time, I can't imagine 11 hours. I doubt I could walk for the next three days. Anyway, it was fun and Julie finally got to see Jackson Hole.

2 comments:

lovejoys said...

Trenton, what is it with you doing everything my family does. It is too funny. My ex brother in-law has that ride for the past several years. He was whining to my sister (his ex. wife) that he didn't have a support vehicle because all his friends bailed on him. Well that is what happens to jack asses like him, you have no friends (that is just me ranting, sorry) Anyway, did you run into him? His name is Russell.

Joyce

Trenton Harris said...

LOL... you make me laugh!! No, didn't run into him... the only other rider besides my friend Dwaine, his cousin Nate that I met was Dwaine's cousin-in-law Kirk. I guess there's over a thousand riders. So what did this dude do for food, etc? You couldn't do this ride without some kinda support... did your sis cave and help out? Too funny. I rode for forty miles today and thought I was gonna die... but then again, I did a monster run last night late from the parking lot at Snowbird to the very top of the Tram and back down... so my legs were mush to begin with... went to the top of Emigration canyon... so pretty up there. The leaves are starting to really change... peace out!